Thursday, September 30, 2010

James Jones

I decided to go back and watch the Buffalo game this morning to get the bad taste of the Bears game out of my mouth. At 2:50 in the 3rd quarter, on first and goal, Rodgers throws a strike to Jones, who fumbles the ball. Luckily it was recovered by Brandon Jackson but since Jones fumbled again on Monday and it wasn't recovered by the Pack, it's got me a little worried. Is this going to be a re-occurring problem for Jones this season?

I would love to see Jordy Nelson get some more reps at third string receiver while Jones takes some time to figure out his little fumbling issue he's got going this season. Nelson is just as good a receiver as Jones is, and doesn't fumble. The coaching staff really needs to re-evaluate getting the ball to Jones in clutch situations, like goal to go and the 2-minute drill, because it seems like he can't handle the pressure.

Maybe it's just a fluke, or maybe I just like Jordy Nelson too much. Either way, it's something I think the Packers need to think about.

Photo taken by me at Packers training camp on August 3, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment